During this COVID-19 crisis, we need to change the services we offer.
- Please try our new e-Consult system (see blue banner above). This allows you to contact the practice via email (encrypted) and receive an appropriate clinical response by the end of the following working day. It is convenient, confidential, and avoids the need to telephone us.
- Our telephones will be manned on Good Friday and Easter Monday
- The Sit & Wait Surgery is suspended until further notice. If you need urgent medical attention, please telephone the surgery on 01600 712152 and give the receptionist your name and telephone number. A member of the clinical team will telephone you as soon as possible.
- We are suspending all face-to-face appointments. If you wish to discuss your health concerns with a doctor or nurse, please feel free to telephone reception and pre-booked a telephone consultation (in the same way we used to offer face-to-face appointments). It is ok if you wish to speak to a particular doctor or nurse of your choosing; you will be offered their first available telephone appointment, some time in the near future.
- For your safety, we are minimising the number of patients within our building. You will be asked, where possible, to remain in your car and we will direct you as appropriate.
- We are doing our best to cope with the increased volume of prescription requests. We ask for 5 days notice and also we ask those who cannot attend the surgery or chemist to collect their prescription to find a relative or volunteer to come and collect on your behalf. We will work closely with your volunteer to try and ensure your medication gets to you.
- We are currently receiving a very high volume of calls. We thank you for your patience when you are contacting us.
- Baby Immunisations will still continue as they are vital for babies health, but we will contact Parents to arrange the exact time of their appointment.
- The Midwife will continue to see our pregnant mums to ensure their well-being, and we will ensure your appointment is during a protected time.
Thank you very much for your continued support and patience during what is a very difficult time for us all.
Dixton Surgery Team
(link to the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board Website)
(Site updated 08/04/2020)